6. Neuroinformatics: Will advances in this area spark the creation of higher-order structures in digital
7. Recursive Decomposition. I do not understand why it is so difficult to build a digital "society
of the mind". Need to refresh my surveys of NLP, machine vision, robomotor control and the like.
8. Recursive Decomposition II. Why does Minsky view human borgisitization as a more likely outcome
than pure AIs (DEs)? He did say the first 1000 AIs would be insane at the BU Human Frontiers symposium, ~2002.
9. More questions of consciousness:
a. w/ sleep and anesthesia, what is the "fragmenting" mechanism?
b. when consciousness kicks back on, what is the KEY biophysical
difference? or information difference?
c. what transistor arrangements might mimic the KEY biophysical events?
d. what microarchitectural clusters might mimic the joining of cortical modules?
e. what digital-informatic structures might mimic the cortico-thalamic machine?
f. there seems to be an important link between our "sense of time passage" and
consciousness, although the nature of this link is much too fuzzy.
10. Is consciousness just experience?
11. Does consciousness have ANY DIRECT access to pure neural information; shannon-like information, e.g.?
Or does consciousness operate on something completely different?